Aftercare without Saniderm
If you do not have Saniderm on:
- Step 1: Wash tattoo with lukewarm water and non-scented antibacterial soap, using only your hands, do not use any scrubbers or washcloths. Wash until the tattoo is completely clear of blood and plasma.
- Step 2: Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel. Let air dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 3: Apply only non-scented lotion to the tattoo. Do not use any ointments or petrolatum based products.
- Step 4: Wash your tattoo 3-4 times a day.
- If you notice your tattoo getting red or irritated or there is too much fluid underneath the Saniderm bandage, remove Saniderm immediately. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 of aftercare.
- Do not expose the tattoo to extreme sunlight for 2 weeks or until the tattoo is completely healed. Once the tattoo is healed, apply sunblock to your tattoo if you know you’ll be out in the sun for long periods of time.
- Do not swim or submerge your tattoo in water until the tattoo is completely healed.
- If you work out, limit workouts to light workouts or take a break from it. Profuse sweating
may delay the healing process.
- If possible, wear clothing that will allow your tattoo to breathe.
- DO NOT, we repeat, DO NOT pick at or scratch your tattoo. This can damage the design of
your tattoo and your skin.
- Remember, all tattoos heal at a different pace.
Thank you for coming into Perpetual Roots Tattoo. It was an honor to have met you, and we are blessed that you allowed us to provide you with your very own custom tattoo. We hope to see you again!
* * Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions or concerns * *